Re: Brain dump on Scheduling

(excuse me for not setting the in-reply-to or references - I am
currently bugging liw so he helps me understand why I'm not subscribed
and why can't I subscribe)

> I've brain-dumped a schedule for DC7 based on what I've seen work
> elsewhere and what I think would work:
>
> 	  http://wiki.earth.li/Debconf2007/Scheduling
>
> Some highlights:
> (...)

In general: I very much like your ideas! In fact, I had to explain to
the people at the site that I wanted to start at 11AM, and I still
have to negotiate with them how will we manage the facilities closing
time (I'm requesting for the hacklab not to close at all, while they
were offering 9AM-9PM - Mostly solved :))

I am not a fan of giving too much importance to the talks themselves,
even less of having "keynote speakers" - Debconf is a gathering
opportunity, at which we want to share some things, so we have some
talks... But it's not a talk-centric conference. And, as much as we
can all respect them all, I am sure the three examples of keynotes you
listed could just be talks as usual.

Other than that, I completely agree with your proposal... Might even
steal it, so we can have a more Bandido-themed Debconf6 :)

Greetings!

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23