Re: New layouts

> And remember you can also use other "typical" mexican stuff like big
> hats and cactus. It is probably not the best way I like mexicans to be
> stereotyped, but that's the way it works :-)

Yup, I agree with this text - It could work a bit different
anyway... I'm copying here portions of a mail I sent some days ago to
Andreas and to Pixelgirl - some ideas might come out of it as well :)

Now... As I told you, I have some other ideas that might fit
somehow. First of all, take a look at:

    http://gwolf.org/files/debconf_ideas/DSC01542.JPG
    http://gwolf.org/files/debconf_ideas/DSC01543.JPG
    http://gwolf.org/files/debconf_ideas/DSC01544.JPG

    Look at the shape of the 'tortilla' (the thing we wrap to make a taco)
    - Isn't it a perfect Debian swirl? I think that can be very well be
    used as a Debconf idea as well :)

    And, on the other hand: Completely breaking the idea, look at:

    http://gwolf.org/files/debconf_ideas/DSC01474.JPG
    http://gwolf.org/files/debconf_ideas/DSC01475.JPG
    http://gwolf.org/files/debconf_ideas/DSC01480.JPG

    I was to the Anahuacalli, a prehispanic cultures museum. The pictures
    I took get a very important prehispanic sign, which I'd love to
    somehow relate: The "flower of the word". The glyph coming out of the
    warrior's mouth, roughly a swirl, mean that the warrior is talking, is
    telling something. Making a theme with prehispanic content can link to
    something more meaningful to Mexico than just "hot food" (although I
    know this is our slogan, but still...), and this particular glyph
    emphasizes on what Debian -and even more Debconf- is all about: about
    communication, this is a social conference above anything technical.

Now... We have something that can become a real problematic here: We
have two concurrent designs going on, the one being done by Valessio
and the one done by Pixelgirl - And I fear they will both reach
maturity and clash at a certain point... I just don't want this point
to be forgotten. Both designs are worth it, although they are _very_
different. What do we all want? Who gets to decide?

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23