Re: wiki with notification

* Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@gmx.de> [2005-09-02 14:30:06]:
> On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 13:30 +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there no general plan to move wiki.debian.net's contents to
> > > wiki.debian.org?
> >
> > so have you checked if the markup of the two wikis is the
> > same/similar? i did not yet, but it would be nice, of course.
>
> Every wiki is similar wo another wiki, that's why they are all called
> wiki :) But, no kidding, yes, they really are, I only cannot say to
> exactly which extent because that would involve looking at each
> formatting tag.

please check out the page that i copied over which answers the
"compatibility":
http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf5ConferenceManagementSystem

please come up with a smart sed or awk script to rewrite the
twiki to moin-moin format. like this it wont work.

> But my question was more targeted if the people running wiki.debian.net
> and *.org were talking with each other to plan something like that, the
> big issue in such a migration would be less transferring the markup but
> more transferring the complete data model and the complete data from one
> wiki to another.

Your question on the front page is not worded very well. it comes
across as a demand and would bush up people really the wrong way.
please change it.

i dont see why it would be their job to import the content of the
.net wiki.

> If a complete migration is planned,

i think it is not planned. next time, speculate less or at least
say so explicitly. (c: