Re: Minutes from today's round of meetings with TKY

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 22:18 +0200, Jesus Climent wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 11:17:59PM +0300, Jaakko Niemi wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Jesus Climent wrote:
> > > But it is not true that in the CS department we will have control over the
> > > RADIUS server. They will use their own, and provide login/pass to us. At least
> > > i understood it that way.
> >
> >  We run our own, we just get the accounts from CS dept, so people can
> >  use same with Aalto at CSD building.
>
> hummm
>
> So i really was somewhere else.
>
> as usual...

Well, there was a lot of info at once, easy to get confused. I was :)

Anyway, as long as we have the same idea as the HUT people, it's enough.

Is this understanding correct:

      * In CSD building, authentication goes to CSD's Aalto server.
      * CSD generates a list of usernames and passwords and inputs this
        into Aalto.
      * We get the same list and input it into our own radius server.
      * Our radius server handles both Smökki and the dorms.

Could either Jesus or Liiwi confirm that the HUT people have the same
understanding?

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>