HP and IBM hardware, intermediate report

Hi Andreas and others,

Here's an intermediate report about HP and IBM hardware for Debconf, and
what has happened today.

IBM Power5 server: confirmed and available, but still no specs yet. Couldn't
reach the responsible (Arsi Kortesniemi), sent email. Three people signed up
for the training two of whom will arrive on June 30th so suggested to Arsi
that the training would be Friday July 1st or early next week. Will try to
get info about the value and insurance policy.

IBM laptops: Will get three laptops, Matti Huomanen will bring them to me at
CSC on Tuesday July 5th. I'll bring them to Debconf the same evening.
Apparently they will have firewire too. Not insured, value 2000 euros each.
The laptops are available from July 4th so we can go to fetch them already
on Monday if we want, but this would be the most convenient way to get them
if we are not in that much hurry.

HP servers: Eventually reached Tero Eskolin and he gave me the contact info
of Marko Rinne who has the servers. Despite having mentioned DebConf dates
(July 1-18th) in every email they still have messed it up somehow and
reserved two servers from July 11th. Marko Rinne promised to check still
today or tomorrow at the latest if we can get them earlier and when.
Also the HW will be a bit different from that requested. They said that they
have one DL145 with two dual-core Opterons and one DL585 with probably four
(possibly two) dual-core Opterons. Didn't remember the amount of memory.
Not insured, values 2500 euros and 5500 euros.

HP printers: Two color lasers confirmed, no specs yet. I need the exact
delivery address and suitable date so that I can give them to Hannu Stenman.
Insured for shipping but not otherwise, If they break in normal use HP'll
fix them so theft is maybe the biggest risk and even that rather unlikely.

Conference bags: IBM does not have bags. HP's Tero Eskolin said at around
noon that he'll check if they have, but haven't heard from him since.
(Already tried to call again and left a message.)

Cheers,

AJT

--
Arto Teräs <ajt@iki.fi> --- See http://ajt.iki.fi for contact info