[arppe@cs.hut.fi: Re: Status?]

----- Forwarded message from "ext Arppe, Heikki" <arppe@cs.hut.fi> -----

To: Jesus Climent <jesus.climent@nokia.com>
From: "ext Arppe, Heikki" <arppe@cs.hut.fi>
Subject: Re: Status?

>Hello, Heikki!
>
>With this mail i am trying to clarify some points before the meeting on
>monday.
>
>Please, keep in mind that we have the conferences starting in 2 weeks,
>and by monday we are already publishing the final schedule of the whole
>event.

I had to leave at 1500 last Friday, so this is going to be late. sorry.

>On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 01:48:00PM +0300, ext Arppe, Heikki wrote:
>>
>> >Any news on the network services requested?
>>
>> The computing centre is writing up what they are going to offer you.
>
>I have not yet received any information regarding the nerwork settings,
>nor the possibility and kind of services we will have available.

I know they are working on that - I'll contact them and see what can be done.

>> The only real restriction, as far as I understood, is that you will
>> not be able to have servers visible to the outside - which should not
>> be too bad since you can upload to your ordinary servers files that
>> need to be distributed.
>>
>> Servers that are visible only locally are quite ok.
>
>I talked with the people from the network organization and that
>restrictions seems to be ok, so far.
>
>> >Also, we need to define the rooms we will be using and the timetables.
>>
>> I've evidently forgotten something here - I have a faint recollection
>> that you need numbers of the rooms that you can use for working gorup
>> meetings during the first week and for lecture hall during the second
>> week?
>
>the status of the conference rooms and the small rooms for coding/small
>workshops use during the week from 9th to 17th is still not defined, nor
>the contact person/procedure to get the porters to open/stay longer when
>needed.

Sorry, I don't understand you here. Are you trying to say that you
have not yet decided which rooms you need or do you need some more
information from us? If you need more info, what is the info you need?

At 17:21 +0300 6.6.2005, Jesus Climent wrote:
>We will need the conference areas (3 auditoriums plus some rooms) on the
>following days:
>
>9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17.
>
>Of course, the days that is closed we will have to arrange the porters
>to open it and we will pay the fees needed for that.

The porter services for all of the days mentioned above have been
reserved. Raija Valtiala will bill you for the overtime they work.

I do need your billing address. Or rather Raija Valtiala needs the
billing address.

If your conference lasts after 1600 on weekdays, the only reasonable
solution is that the porter will work overtime, for which you will
also be billed.

Your contact for the porters is Raimo Ruottinen (09) 451 5404, he
will be working during your conference.

--
terveisin

     H Arppe

---
Mass distorts spacetime around it,
with large enough mass the effects become noticeable.
A company distorts reality around it,
with a large enough company the effects become evident. (see Enron)
This principle can be generalized...

>Thanks for your quick and helpful answer.
>
>I will give you more details about the missing information below:
>

>> >the status of the conference rooms and the small rooms for coding/small
>> >workshops use during the week from 9th to 17th is still not defined, nor
>> >the contact person/procedure to get the porters to open/stay longer when
>> >needed.
>>
>> Sorry, I don't understand you here. Are you trying to say that you
>> have not yet decided which rooms you need or do you need some more
>> information from us? If you need more info, what is the info you need?
>
>The need for conference rooms was clear and defined from the begining.

Yes, no problem there.

>However, the small roooms we where in need of were not cleared out. We
>checked some of the rooms, and from memory, i can spot some of them out,
>on the blueprints. But is only from memory, so I cannot say exactly
>which rooms were the ones we had available, and which were the ones we
>could not use because they were student offices and the like.
>
>I sent you a list of rooms which looked very much like the ones we
>talked about, but i requested confirmation on the availability of them.
>
>>From my mail archives:
>
>,------
>| Conference halls C202 and C105 will be used for most of the time. We
>| will start probably early in the morning and finish some time around
>| 15.00 (or 16.00, max)

Those two are ok.

>| Other rooms which will be needed, were, if i remember correctly, A218,
>| A322, A319, and C307 (this last one for small presentations made in
>| parallel with the main conferences).

A218 - I'd rather not
A322 - definitely no - people are working there
A319 - I'd rather not
C307 - definitely no - not in our jurisdiction

Four out four nogo - not too good. Ok, lets see what I can offer instead

A133
C206
A238

Those are equal or larger in size so the switch might be acceptable to you?

B115 is on the small side and does not really replace C307, B115 is
really suitable for up to 8..9 people only, it does not have a
projector. B210 is even smaller, say 6 people.

Oh, but then we have A313.

So, would those spaces fill your need?

What about the AV and net requirements in those rooms? ( I can guess
you need some, but it is easier if you tell me what you need.)

>| This room numbers i remember them without being sure of them. I have
>| just checked the blueprints and I pointed at them from memory. Please
>| correct me with the exact room numbers.
>`------
>
>Again, this is all from memory.
>
>So, summarizing, we will need the auditoriums C202 and C105, with
>possibility of access to the recording room, since we are taping the
>conferences as a whole.
>
>C307 is also for conferences, in a smaller scale.
>
>And then some rooms for small meetings.
>

>Please, inform me if you would need some more info about the rooms and
>conference area.
>
>I will pass the information about the porters to the people who handle
>the money issues.
>
>Thanks for your time!
>
>--
>Jesus Climent (Nokia-M/Helsinki) <jesus ! climent () nokia ! com>

Mail me back and let me know how this is proceeding.

--
terveisin

     H Arppe

---