Call for information on sponsored hardware

Hi!

During DebConf5, we will have a large amount of sponsored hardware in
use for different purposes. Linux-Aktivaattori, the legal body
representing DebConf in Finland this year, has made efforts to minimize
the risks involved. We need to track this hardware to be able to insure
the conference properly.

If you have negotiated a deal with a sponsor to bring hardware to
DebConf5, please provide the following information either here on this
list or to me privately:
      * A detailed list of the hardware: model numbers and product
        names, amounts etc. Enough to deduce what exactly your sponsor
        provided.
      * Who is the sponsor?
      * What is the approximate value of the hardware?
      * Has the sponsor insured the hardware and does the insurance
        apply for DebConf5?
      * What is the policy of the sponsor in case the hardware is
        broken, destroyed or stolen?
      * When will the hardware arrive and when will it be taken away?
      * How will it arrive? (Who will bring it?)

Note that this includes only items that are used for DebConf5 generally,
not your personal laptop, for example. If your laptop is only sponsored
for you personally, you don't need to report the above since the deal is
between you and your sponsor. Your personal insurance applies in that
case.

If you have any questions or doubts, don't hesitate to contact me on
this list or privately.

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>