Re: reconfirmation problem

* Jesus Climent (jesus.climent@hispalinux.es) [050606 09:11]:
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 09:28:43AM +0300, Fabian Fagerholm wrote:
> >
> > Next I would suggest the following:
> >
> > Food:
> > Give food vouchers, one per day of stay, to the people who are eligible.
> > Give them all at once when people arrive and do their check-in
> > procedures. People can then give away those to others if they're not
> > hungry. Arrange with the catering to provide food for regular money, so
> > those who have no vouchers can still buy food at the same place.
>
> Dont want to be hard, here, but at 25 days to the begining of the whole event,
> a suggestion like this one comes a bit late.

the comas guys are preparing a solution where people can release
food back into the pool:

every participant gets a food page where every meal that is
allocated for him is checked and which he can uncheck a certain
time beforehand (which the kitchen needs to specify in order to
be able to react to it). Occasions when people uncheck food could
be that they dont want to eat breakfast since they sleep till 12,
or they want to go out for dinner with friends etc.

uneaten (and unordered) but paid food should be able to be eaten
later during the conf.

The person who "released" his food should turn in his food coupon
at the front desk and people who want to eat but are not entidled
for food could go and check their meal-checkbox in their
webfrontend if there are free meals in the pool and pick up the
food coupon at the information.

The kitchen could check their own special overview website for
the actual number of meals they need to prepare when they start
working on the meal and could cook "just in time".

riku, could you check if the kitchen is willing to do this?

I would expect so, normally since it does not impose additional
logistics for them.