Re: Debian Day

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 18:23 +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> > Creative Commons has expressed interest. The details are open, but if
> > their schedule permits it, they will participate.
> >
> > EFFI is likely to be interested as well, but they haven't had enough
> > time to respond yet.
> >
> > So these can more or less be considered half-confirmed.
>
> Can you estimate, when we will expect a definite answer?

I would estimate that by the end of next week (3rd of June) we will know
for sure if they are coming or not. The topics will probably take a
little bit more time.

> > I think this sounds too complicated. It will be hard enough to get
> > anyone not attending the conference to come to Debian Day, let alone go
> > through a registration process. Sorry guys, but based on what I've seen
> > so far I don't think the organizer team is capable of pulling that off.
> > No offense intended to anyone.
>
> I want to avoid, that Jaldhar is suddenly confronted with 100 people
> trying to share 10 computers in a small lab ;)

That would certainly present a challenge ;)

It could be that we have only 20 non-Debconf participants -- or we could
have 200. If we have a lot, then it'll be a bit disappointing if only a
tiny fraction can participate in Jaldhar's workshop. Is there any ideas
on how we could be more flexible here?

We should at least give preference to people who are not going to attend
DebConf because those who do will have plenty of opportunities to get
advice directly from the gurus :)

> > Abstracts for Debian Day?
>
> I define abstracts as one or more small paragraphs, which tell the
> audience a bit about the topic of the talk, to arouse their interest.
[...]
> Yes, if the speakers don't know a small abstract it's okay.

Ok, so just a little blurb -- I mistakenly thought that you meant
something longer. Ok, we're in agreement :)

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>