Re: draft: confirm your attendance to debconf5, please

Andreas Schuldei dijo [Fri, May 20, 2005 at 09:29:10AM +0200]:
> > > (...)
> > > What about people who have already filled out the registration form
> > > completely? Do they still need to do something?
>
> unfortunatly gunnar is not available today to check if there are
> any participants who allready completed their form. But i guess
> we can assume *someone* did that.

Yup, sorry... I was unreachable for a day and a bit, and right now I
don't have my SSH key for entering the server, so we're locked out
until tomorrow morning :( But anyway, I do have this data - And,
Andreas, so do you ;-) don't tell me I was working this week just for
my patch not to be used! :)

Right now, we have:

Yes: 119
No: 4
Undefined: 176

That means, over 1/3 of the registered people have confirmed.

> > I guess confirmation is a MUST.
>
> i would like everyone to do something, to know they are still
> interested and intent to come or cant come any more. I am not
> sure if we can detect if they visited their registration page.
> then that would be enough. otherwise we should require some
> klicking action and replace the multiple-choice confimation field
> with a YES checkbox, perhaps.

Nope... As the confirmation page is the same as their personal data
area, we cannot assume they saw this. We can, however, know if they
chose 'yes', 'no', or haven't chosen a thing.

I don't think replacing this choice with a checkbox would make much
sense - We also want people to confirm they are _not_ coming!

We can mail them all telling that if they are not confirmed by May 31,
they lose their food rights. That's a good incentive, and quite close
to the truth :)

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154