Re: draft: confirm your attendance to debconf5, please

* Gunnar Wolf (gwolf@gwolf.org) [050522 22:30]:
> Andreas Schuldei dijo [Fri, May 20, 2005 at 09:29:10AM +0200]:
> >
> > unfortunatly gunnar is not available today to check if there are
> > any participants who allready completed their form. But i guess
> > we can assume *someone* did that.
>
> Yup, sorry... I was unreachable for a day and a bit, and right now I
> don't have my SSH key for entering the server, so we're locked out
> until tomorrow morning :( But anyway, I do have this data - And,
> Andreas, so do you ;-) don't tell me I was working this week just for
> my patch not to be used! :)
>
> Right now, we have:
>
> Yes: 119
> No: 4
> Undefined: 176
>
> That means, over 1/3 of the registered people have confirmed.

when did they confirm?

If they confirmed some time ago, this is not what I want, since a
lot can have happend since then. I want to know their intention
to come as "fresh" as possible.

> > then that would be enough. otherwise we should require some
> > klicking action and replace the multiple-choice confimation field
> > with a YES checkbox, perhaps.
>
> Nope... As the confirmation page is the same as their personal data
> area, we cannot assume they saw this. We can, however, know if they
> chose 'yes', 'no', or haven't chosen a thing.
>
> I don't think replacing this choice with a checkbox would make much
> sense - We also want people to confirm they are _not_ coming!

well, if they check "yes" or "no" we know what we want. what if
they dont check anything? we could not plan with that info. and
we dont have time to wait any longer, either.

> We can mail them all telling that if they are not confirmed by May 31,
> they lose their food rights. That's a good incentive, and quite close
> to the truth :)

Not only the food but also sleeping place and travel sponsorship.
(I have not heared from quite a lot of people who wanted
support).
It could be that we come close to the limits of the dorm and the
Intel-food-money. we might very well kick some out. which ones
should those be? I would prefere to kick those that dont reconfirm.