Re: draft: confirm your attendance to debconf5, please

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 01:02 +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> tomorrow i would like to send out the following mail:
>
> ==============
>
> Dear Debconf5 registree!
>
> Please confirm your attendance to debconf5 untill 21:00UTC 31 May,
> completing the registration form including your arrival and
> departure date and time, sleeping preferences, etc and updating
> the field if you will or will not attend.
[...]

The rest of the mail tells us WHY the confirmation is needed. But the
most important information is obscured: HOW does one confirm?
You need to include
      * A URL,
      * a short description of how to confirm (three steps at most)

otherwise people will be unable to understand what they are required to
do. I consider myself fairly well informed, and I first had no idea of
how to confirm. I couldn't find the place where the confirmation box is.

Here's a corrected version with all the previous feedback integrated:

--8<--

Dear Debconf5 registree!

             Please confirm your attendance to Debconf5 before the
                            31st of May, 24:00 UTC.

The steps for confirming are as follows:

     1. Go to http://comas.linux-aktivaattori.org/debconf5
     2. Log in to your account.
     3. Modify your personal information and check CONFIRM ATTENDING.

Also check that your arrival and departure date and time are correct,
that your sleeping preferences are updated and that all the other
information is correct.

By confirming, you will help us make final arrangements for food and
room allocation. We need to make binding arrangements on the 1st of
June, and will be forced to disregard registrations which are incomplete
or have not confirmed their attendence by then. This implies their
removal from the sponsored travel/food/accomodation.

If you have questions regarding this, please contact
debconf5-team@lists.debconf.org for assistance.

Thank you very much!

--8<--

To make this thing even easier, I would suggest marking the CONFIRM
ATTENDING field so it's easy to find.

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>