Re: Question from HUT conference area.

ti, 2005-05-10 kello 12:11 +0200, Jesus Climent kirjoitti:
> I got a mail from HUT. I am clarifying right now the needed rooms for the
> conference time. But...
>
> > What networks services do you desire?
>
> Please, from the wiki and own ideas, let's finish this topic and send him a
> detailed list of requests.

Rooms in the dorm, or meeting rooms and conference rooms in the CS
building (T-talo)? Not that it really matters, I suspect. Off-hand:

* dhcp

* outgoing http

* outgoing ssh (directly, not via an ssh proxy)

* outgoing irc

* dns

* outgoing smtp (we can set up a smarthost for all debconf users to use,
if necessary)

* outgoing smtp-over-ssl-or-tls-or-whatever for those who want to user
their company / home smtp server

Outgoing here meaning "goes outside the Otaniemi networks". We need to
be able to set up http, ssh, smtp, and possibly dns servers within the
network for our own use, but they don't need to be accessible from
outside Otaniemi.

Or am I completely mistaken?