Re: pegasos2 available, but need monitors

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 05:07:53PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 05 May 2005 22:37, Jesus Climent wrote:
> > > we could/will get 11 pegasos2 (g4 powerpc) machines for debconf, 1
> > > "server" (1gb ram, raid 0 array 2x80 or 2x160) and 10 diskless systems
> > > (512mb ram) - with keyboards & mice, sven ? Please also check/confirm
> > > these specs.
> > >
> > > Sven would also be able to provide 2 Monitors/TFTs (dunno, Sven... ?) -
> > > but we would still need some more - anybody any ideas on this ?
> > > Sven, do the peg2s have to be shipped on the 25th of June or could you
> > > send  them a few days later ?
>
> Sven, could you please find out/confirm those specs ? Do we need keyboards &
> mice ?

No, wireless US keyboard and mices are included. Monitors are not.

> > > Do we have a address to ship the pegs to ? (Before July 1st...)
>
> Stockholm ?

I think we can wait a bit, but let me see this more.

> > There are plenty of monitors in the CS department, but i guess we are
> > finally using smokki as a base hacklab, so they will not be available for
> > us.
>
> ok.

Ok.

> > We can get some monitors (i will be providing 2 with the servers, which of
> > course will go back to nokia) but i guess not as many as 11.
>
> Have you (mooch) further investigated this by now ?
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> Some peg2s would be still useful for hacking without monitors as they can be
> used thru serial console.

Indeed.

> But we still need more monitors/displays...

Is there some company that rents out monitors in HEL ? Maybe they can sponsor
us for the week or something, or i can get the money for the sponsoring.

Friendly,

Sven Luther