Re: video team (was Re: intel)

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 12:44 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 April 2005 22:11, Fabian Fagerholm wrote:
> > If I interpret you correctly, a reasonable number of people, say at most
> > twenty for the real-time needs and less for the record-only option, is
> > ok? I'll return to this and get a final confirmation when there is more
> > information on the size of the crew.
>
> Fabian, any news on this ? Will yourself participate in the video team ?

Ok, there is now (bad) news:
      * My first contact has declined.
      * My second contact is apparently on vacation.

So we currently have no camera crew at all, except ourselves. I will
research a third avenue but it's rather far-fetched so no promises.

Since I'm already in the press team, I probably shouldn't tie myself to
any video team duty other than preparations and coordination between
people.

> I'd suggest next monday or tuesday 19 UTC for a dedicated video team irc
> meeting - do you agree it's needed and is this ok for _all_ of you ? If not,
> please speak up ASAP here or tonight on irc. One big topic for that meeting
> will be software setup & solutions. (Martin/John, IIRC you wanted to evaluate
> flumotion/ffmpeg... - it would be great if you manage to get some results
> until then.)

Unfortunately, I can't make room for any more meetings next week, but
I'll read this mailing list. Towards the end of this month, more time
will be available.

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>