Re: yesterday in helsinki

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 10:42:38AM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:

> There is enough time left to sort things out but mooch might
> loose some weight in the process. (c:

;)

> * house
>
> The house is basicly finished. It had no furniture, curtains etc
> yet. (Curtains/blinds and possible mosquito nets are needed
> during the summer. -> check with sports event if they will be
> installed.)

In Helsinki the mosquito problem is not big (no student houses have mosquito
protection, because is not needed). Courtins and/or blinds might be installed.

> Walls within major sections of the house are made of light
> construction material, easyly penetrable by wifi radio waves. (->
> what are the walls of the outer appartments made of?)

Concrete and isolation layers, several. Thick walls are usually contructed
(close to 40cm).

> A Sauna and washing facilities (washing machine, tumber, drying
> room) are available in the basement of House A.

Is is not clear that we will be able to use the sauna, but we will probably be
able to use the showers.

> Breakfast could be served in Smökki, too. But it would be nice if
> Smökki could be used for hacking only (and equipment would not be
> needed to be taken away).

The small room could be used for breakfast during the first week, since we
will not have people to fill the whole place, and he CS department during the
second one, since we will have it available at 7.00

> * Daytrip
>
> The Daytrip will go to Sveaborgen (?).

Suomenlinna.

> There was some talk about barbequeing somewhere. Was that near
> the sauna, back at HUT? if you know, please fill this in.

Yes, right after we come back from the day trip.

> * Formal Dinner
>
> Entertainment before the dinner?
> http://www.swordschool.com/en/index.html
> Branden can give his DPL talk then.
> -> proper mic and amplifier and soundcheck!

The place has sound equipement for parties, so there should be no problem
using it.

> * House Cleaning
>
> The house cleaning company must be contacted for information
> about fees for regular cleaning duty in the house or
> alternatively on usage fees of their professional cleaning
> equipment.
>
> Cleaning of the rooms should be included (once or twice during
> the two weeks periode). Main rooms and hallways should be cleaned
> more often.

Contacting them...

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.10|Helsinki Finland

The world doesn't just disappear when you close your eyes, does it?
		--Leonard Shelby (Memento)