Re: about the video+administration meeting...

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 10:34, Herman Robak wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 06:53, John Lightsey wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 01:07 +0200, Herman Robak wrote:
> >
> > >    I'd recommend recording directly to harddrive.  A laptop and a USB
> > > harddrive can record a day's worth of video.  I have aslo suggested
> > > sending the DV stream over the network to a server with big disks.
> > > That would help a lot with timely compression and publishing.
> >
> > This sounds good to me if it will work reliably.
>
>  It works like a charm.  If you have large file support and
> firewire support that is not flaky, it is just as reliable as
> tape.  I would use laptops, since they run on battery.

 Laptops will be quite abundant at Debconf5.

* How many of the laptops have built-in firewire?
* How many have PCMCIA firewire cards?
* How many have 20+ GB to spare?
* How many of the camera operators have a laptop
  with firewire and 20+ GB?

	Sound

* How many wireless mics can we get our hands on?
* Any separate sound recording devices worth considering?
* Directional mics to pick up questions from the audience?

--
 Herman Robak