Re: Debian day: packaging tutorial?

On Τετάρτη 27 Απρίλιος 2005 21:57, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> Andreas suggested that I could give a packaging tutorial at Debian
> Day at Debconf5. It's rather technical, but perhaps it could be
> interesting and possibly in a small auditorium? I imagine it would
> mainly target prospective Finnish developers, but I can give the
> talk in Finnish or English. Slides are in English.
>
> Jaldhar, Tolimar: what do you think?
>
> Slides: http://liw.iki.fi/liw/talks/debian-packaging-tutorial.pdf

Personally, though I'm not in the debconf team, I'd like to see such a
thing, but even more I'd like to see a "Teaching Old developers New
tricks: Best practices" style tutorial. Let me explain that: a lot of
things have changed in the debian policy over the past years and not
all developers have been filled in or informed about the updates (you
can see the number of Policy Violation bugs in the BTS to prove
that). Whether we should all read Policy regularly is another issue,
but a presentation describing the most important changes in Policy
over eg. the past 5 years and how to implement them, would be a very
interesting one indeed!

Konstantinos