Comments on last minutes/ Dormitory & Conference space.

Hi all.

First of all, sorry for last night. RL required me with undelayable
importance.

First of all, some comments about the minutes:

1. The rooms have their own fridge, so there is no need to give BF every day
to the attendants. Give them 3-days bag and they are responsible for keeping
it, and we dont need to buy every day or store things on a big fridge.

Dormitory.

We have selected the B building. It has 55 rooms, with space for 3/4/5 people,
depending on the room's surface. We will have beds for 67 people, which means
we have to select preferences for people: pregnants, reduced mobility people,
health problems... Everybody else, on the floor.

We have a huge basement space: 4 areas of about 90m2 where we can set more
sleeping space of hacking space for the first days. Network and wlan will have
to be set there, as well as we need furniture for the place (tables and
chairs). We need to check if it is more expensive to rent furniture for the
area or rent Smokki, which has already network access and chairs and tables.
And Smokki can be rented for 24h with a low price.

The organization (TKY) will send a final draft (for comments) of the contract
to L-A this week, or next, the latest, so that i will be signed during this
month.

The organization of the sports event coming right after Debconf will clean
(read: undust) the dormitory, so we have to keep the whole space clean and
shiny. We can organize squads of people to review/check the rooms in the
middle of the conference time, so that we can point to problems if any. Also,
we can organize some people to clean at some point, and i can get some company
to spend some time after the event to clean, if needed.

Also, we have to pay a fee (which will be returned if nothing is lost) for the
keys.

We will have access to the laundry room in the A-building.

The TKK/HUT computer administration has been contacted to request any needed
permission to access/use the network.

Conference space.

The person in charge of requesting the help from HUT was contacted several
times, but we have received no answer (was on vacations). I will contact again
today, and CC: the rector of the university.

The contact person in the CS department will probably send me the blueprints
of the CSD this week, or next one. He has provided a form to get the needed
rooms just in case we dont get help from the university, but I will insist to
try to get as much as possible.

I guess I am forgeting something, so I will send it on a separate mail.

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.10|Helsinki Finland

It is not the size, mate. It's how you use it.
		--N. Powers (Austin Powers in Goldmember)