Re: Beating the drums early?

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 11:12:40AM +0300, Aschwin van der Woude wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I suspect more volunteers might be needed sooner or later, here a
> list of Linux or related groups in Finland.
> I suggest sending emails to each of these to generally announce the
> upcoming DebConf5 for next year and in the same email perhaps ask for
> volunteers. Or at least indicating the existing wiki and this list.

Hi,

Yes, I also think it's a good idea to send such mails early and search for
volunteers. I can help with this.

> ** User groups and such:
>
>    * Finnish Linux User Group (FLUG)
> 	Events list: flug-tapahtumat@flug.fi
> 	Main list: flug-l@flug.fi

The best list for such message in FLUG is flug-tiedotus@flug.fi which is a
low volume list reserved for announcements. Only a few people can post on
the list, I can handle that.

>    * Turku Unix User group (TUUG)
> 	http://www.tuug.fi/

Another Unix Users group: FUUG (http://www.fuug.fi).

Then there are two relevant Usenet newsgroups, sfnet.atk.linux and
sfnet.atk.unix. And some universities have appropriate internal newsgroups
or mailing lists (at least HUT does).

AJT

--
Arto Teräs <ajt@flug.fi>, +358-50-5941416
Vice President, Finnish Linux User Group FLUG ry