Re: Some thoughts we gathered about debconf...

* Gunnar Wolf (gwolf@gwolf.org) [040901 03:02]:
> > - room usage (if many people subscribe to a talk it gets the
> >   bigger room)
>
> Yes. Right now we can track how many people are subscribed to a
> specific talk, and a human must pay attention to it and move it to a
> different room. Now... I do not think this will be very feasible given
> Debconf's spirit - Many people are theoretically interested in talks,
> but don't show up as they get into deep hack mode just in time for
> it. And the other way around, if you get too distracted to do some
> serious hacking, you can just go hear a talk and hang on IRC
> meanwhile.

it helps if people can give a degree of likelyhood that they will
show up (bwtween 0 and 1). i think we are geeks enough to grasp
that concept.

> ...But yes, it can be implemented. An alerting system can also be
> implemented to take an action when a room is close to getting full -
> But once again, Debian people are not usually offended by having to
> sit on the aisles.

but if they could choose they might take the bigger room and the
seat? (c:

> Not only that: _When_ do we want/need to get it? :) (pressure also
> helps develop faster!)

well, it would be good to be tested and in place a half year
beforehand. what would mean around christmas.

not all parts need to be ready, but the registration would be
nice to have then. by then most "common information" about
helsinki and finnland should be in place on the website, too.
(this is something for the finnish chaps to take care of.)