Re: News from the front line

* Michelle Ribeiro (michelle@cipsga.org.br) [040622 17:59]:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:18:28 +0200
> Jesus Climent <jesus.climent@hispalinux.es> wrote:
>
> > It seems i have a couple of updates.
> >
> > Since TKK has stopped renting the apartments in Otaniemi, it is clear that the
> > sports event happening during August is a major advantage, since we will be
> > able to rent some apartments for 150-200 people with very little overhead for
> > the organization.
>
> Jesus,
>
> About renting apartaments: Is possible to renting apartaments
> at FI, with medium sponsorship that Debconf had in the past? I
> mean, is the price affortable?
>
> In Brazil, it was around $ 40.000,00 (Am I right, Andreas?).
> Since its is like R$ 120.000.00 for us, was possible to have a
> convention center for Debconf.

the whole convention center with bells and whistles came for
29k$US. that included cable modem, van rental (with driver), food
for everyone, several daily snacks inbetween, rooms for everyone
with roomservice, formal dinner and additional things like
entertainment attempts etc

i would be interested in more detailed numbers from jesus to be
able to judge how competetive their offer is. jesus, how
interested are you in *close* cooperation on this? i am just one
timezone away and quite accessable by phone.