Re: Welcome everybody

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 05:50:55PM +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> ti, 2004-06-08 kello 16:21, Jesus Climent kirjoitti:
> > * getting HUT involved in DebConf5 for some obvious (and non-) reasons:
>
> It seems that there will be some kind of huge world championship sports
> thing happening in Helsinki next year and that the HUT campus will be
> where the sports people will be housed. This means, according to my HUT
> friends, that the campus is off-limits to pretty much everyone else
> until August. Jesus, you need to check this asap, I think.

I will try to contact a professor i was passed as a contact point tomorrow.

> Whether the HUT area is available for us or not, we probably need to
> decide on a location soon before things get booked for other happenings.

There might be other places, so we should start checking the availability of
them asap. There are few convention centers, but nothing will be as good as
HUT.

> > * Organie it during July: starting friday, week, weekend, week and weekend,
> >   ending on monday. First and last weekends are housing-only days, so that
> >   people can come and go, and the weekend in the middle an organized activity
> >   could be arranged (Tallin, or similar).
>
> I'm not sure I parse this correctly. Are you talking about an 11 day
> Debcamp+Debconf thing or something longer?

Yes, 11 days, with 2x 5-days weeks plus a weekend in the middle plus 2
weekends for traveling (plus housing for the early birds and all-nighters
before and after).

> I propose that at least one excursion to a lake and a (large) sauna
> would be in order, if Debconf is in Finland.

Sure! If it is in HUT, we have the huge rantasauna, too.

PS: When is the sauna night you were organizing?

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.4.25|Helsinki Finland

Kill every human on the planet?  Sounds like a good idea! But first, we
should concentrate on more immediate goals.
		--Jeffrey Goines (12 Monkeys)