Re: Decision making in Debian

Hi Neil (2022.07.16_03:19:27_+0000)
> > That was less of a discussion, and more of someone who is new to our
> > community making a noise about how we are doing things wrong and should
> > be doing them differently. I think most people roll their eyes and mark
> > the thread as read. Many suggestions like this have been discussed
> > before, many times, without any concrete actions coming out of them.
> >

> As the person who was driving the Discourse initiative, I do take slight
> objection to being described as someone who was new to the community, or
> characterised as "making a noise".

My apologies. I wasn't describing you but a drive-by discourse
suggestion.

Now that I look for the email I'm referencing in the archive, I can't
find it. So, it's entirely possible I made it up. Sorry :)

> In fact, the reason that things did not progress was due to the massive
> amount of stop energy at trying to improve our processes. I simply gave
> up in engaging with Debian rather than trying to push for what I (still)
> believe will improve engagement with new maintainers.

Yeah, that's where getting things done in Debian gets less fun :(

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/