Re: Decision making in Debian

Hi Dashamir (2022.07.14_08:31:51_+0000)
> But I have seen recently a very long discussion thread in a mailing list,
> with pros and cons about introducing Discourse as an alternative or
> replacement to mailing lists, and the result of the discussion was not
> clear at all (at least I could not understand it). I am also not sure what
> happened with the Discourse initiative, was it finally tried or not.

That was less of a discussion, and more of someone who is new to our
community making a noise about how we are doing things wrong and should
be doing them differently. I think most people roll their eyes and mark
the thread as read. Many suggestions like this have been discussed
before, many times, without any concrete actions coming out of them.

A more positive approach would probably be to to sit back and see how
things work, then make suggestions when you understand the issues at
play. It also needs people to do the work to make change happen. Not
just the technical work, but the discussions, lobbying etc., and then
the maintenance.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera