Re: Decision making in Debian

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 10:13 AM Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 10:07:04AM +0200, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> I am not sure how democratic decision making is made in Debian

The only "democratic decision making" in Debian are GRs.

Everything else is not democratic, but up to every single person/team in
charge (and when there is a team is normally composed of very few people
where really no tool is needed to help them make decisions).

Most probably you are right.
But I have seen recently a very long discussion thread in a mailing list, with pros and cons about introducing Discourse as an alternative or replacement to mailing lists, and the result of the discussion was not clear at all (at least I could not understand it). I am also not sure what happened with the Discourse initiative, was it finally tried or not.