Re: We want your cheese

This discussion has diverged from its original topic, but anyway.

On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 8:15 PM Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> wrote:
On 7/8/22 20:01, Znoteer wrote:
>> Similar information is normally on the
>> bottom of every email from a Debian mail distribution list.
>
> That's what I thought, too.  But, there is no such info at the bottom of the original cheese post, nor in your email to the list, nor in micah's. I deleted Mart'N's email, but I don't recall seeing a footer there either.  I'm wondering if this list has been configured differently.

These footers break DKIM signatures. Therefore, the list can either
modify the From to impersonate someone or ensure that the body is left
unmodified. AFAIK, no Debian list is using a footer anymore, except the
ones on "alioth".

I think that other mailing lists (or software that do the same or similar job) don't have such a problem (with DKIM signatures), because I see that they have a footer (including unsubscribe).
So, maybe you should consider moving to some other mailing list software that is more up to date.