Re: We want your cheese

On 7/8/22 20:01, Znoteer wrote:
Similar information is normally on the
bottom of every email from a Debian mail distribution list.

That's what I thought, too.  But, there is no such info at the bottom of the original cheese post, nor in your email to the list, nor in micah's. I deleted Mart'N's email, but I don't recall seeing a footer there either.  I'm wondering if this list has been configured differently.

These footers break DKIM signatures. Therefore, the list can either modify the From to impersonate someone or ensure that the body is left unmodified. AFAIK, no Debian list is using a footer anymore, except the ones on "alioth".