Re: Albanian phrasebook

On Tue, Jul 05, 2022 at 04:33:40PM +0200, Arianit Dobroshi wrote:
> For those of you willing to practice some Albanian, the dominant language
> in Kosovo, here is the phrasebook:
>
> https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Albanian_phrasebook
>
> This is standard Albanian, and Gheg spoken in Kosovo will vary some.

I added a discussion regarding Ëë because it lists u in up and a in
above as examples which are very different vowels (u=ʌ a=ə). Notably,
the u in up is the same vowel as the *o* in above.*

https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Talk:Albanian_phrasebook#%22%C3%8B%C3%AB%22

* Silly jokes about places up north where "up" is pronounced like German,
  and above sometimes being pronounced ay-bove may also apply.

ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en