Re: outdoor hacklab and onsite accomodation room details

On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 07:18:06 +0000, Stefano Rivera wrote:

> Hi gregor (2022.06.30_21:50:26_+0000)
> > Looking at <https://debconf22.debconf.org/about/covid19/>
[…]
> > - This also means that the "Conference policy" (saying "we will apply
> >   the above rules") probably has a logical problem (as the result
> >   would be "There is no policy in practice." Or maybe the policy
> >   still stands even if the state has abandoned it?)
> As the page says, our intention is to enforce the vaccination & testing
> policy described *on that page*. If the government loosens its policy,
> that's fine, but our policy still stands.

Thanks for the clarification; I hope this can be reflected on the
webpage as well.

> > Given that infection rates in some countries are currently quite high
> > again, and that we have ~300 participants from N countries [0], the
> > probablity that someone unknowingly arrives with this unfriendly
> > virus in their body is not insignificant. And also that they pass it
> > on, especially if they are asymptomatic and there are no checks.
[…]
> I would suggest that everyone do pre-arrival tests, and self-test
> regularly. There will be tests available on-site. We can recommend this
> in the arrival email.

I totally agree, and I hope that this recommendations make it to the
welcome mail and to the on-site practice.

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe