Re: [DebConf Scedule change] "Let's talk about the elephant in the room" DebConf20 in Israel session

On 2019-07-27 10:21, Ansgar wrote:
> The BDS movement is widely described as antisemitic.  Why should we
> care about it?

Whether BDS is antisemitic or not, I don't know and I don't care
in this (= DebConf) context. I strongly believe, that we should
*not* discuss the question.

DebConf happens every year in a different country. Some people
have problems with one or the country. Or one or the other
country has a problem with that person. In this case, it's a
good idea, if the person were not visiting the country. They can
go to next DebConf. If somebody wants to boycott Israel for good
or bad reasons, why not just leave out one DebConf in the life?
If somebody had a problem with France or Brazil or the USA, they
had to leave out *two* DebConfs already.

It has never been the task of a DebConf to agree or disagree
with its host nations official politics. I'm not under the
impression that DebConf19 is a Bolsonaro fan club.

See you in Haifa! Or one year later, whereever!