Re: [DebConf Scedule change] "Let's talk about the elephant in the room" DebConf20 in Israel session

Am 27.07.19 um 14:27 schrieb micah anderson:
> Ansgar <ansgar@debian.org> writes:
>> The BDS movement is widely described as antisemitic.  Why should we
>> care about it?
>
> No, it is not widely described as antisemitic, it is anti-zionist. There
> is a difference.

Is it?, I see no real difference?
Anti-zionistics is included within antisemitics definition. [1]

My government has declared the BDS movement as clear antisemitic. And I
fully agree with this.

Do we as a *technical* project really need to give these extreme
positions and tactics giving an audience?

Was it really needed to give this "wanted" "discussion" a specific
announcement on DC19? If someone wants to discuss these topics they can
simple do it by the normal ways we have for this.

Why this needed to happen on one of the last days of DC19 and not
intended as a planned session as usual for a conference or right after
the decision was made?

Why need all the people to put energy on this which already do a lot of
other activities in the project, have we really have enough time for
such things which are not the core of the project.

I'm really sad about some things have moved in about the past 6 months.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycott,_Divestment_and_Sanctions

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert