Re: How to become a package maintainer?

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 3:15 AM Sam Hartman wrote:

> I spoke to Alexander and some of his coworkers earlier today.  I think
> they could benefit from someone helping explain how they can submit
> packages and how they can eventuly go through the maintainer process.

In general, these guides cover how to create packages and get them into Debian:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debmake-doc/
https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
https://mentors.debian.net/sponsors/rfs-howto

The qmmp package has a maintainer, who appears to be semi-active. I'd
suggest contacting them in order to offer your assistance with the
package.

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/qmmp

--
bye,