Re: Meeting with Grupo Dignidade

Watching your BoF remote now, from Sweden and attending via video stream, irc and gobby

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 6:54 PM Rhonda D'Vine <rhonda@deb.at> wrote:
     Hi,

  as people might probably be aware, Brazil isn't the safest place on
earth.  This holds specifically true for people of minority groups, and
queer people.  Brazil had the highest murder rate of trans women of
color ... worldwide.  And that was before Bolsonaro got into power,
which gave some sort of felt legitimacy to the hate crimes going on.
One of the victims was Marielle Franco, who was a black lesbian
politician fighting for the rights of minorities but was murdered last year.

  In times like these support groups are more than needed.  One of those
is Grupo Dignidade (dignity), the local LGBTI+ support group, which
speaks out against the hatred going on and gives support to those in
need.  It happens that I managed to get in contact with them through the
widow of Marielle, and their place is just up the street two blocks from
the venue.  I've arranged to meet with them this afternoon, at five o'clock.

  http://www.grupodignidade.org.br/

  If someone wants to join in please get in contact with me - preferably
through IRC or in person, I'm in the upper hacklab trying to fix the IRC
bot :)  The plan is to leave close to five from the hotel, and I suggest
to meet in the lobby.

  Cheers,
Rhonda