Re: Traveling from Airport to the venue

Indeed, I have seen other Taxi apps country-locked like this - Hailo
used to be this way in Ireland when I moved here - but when the issue is
pointed out to the company involved they will usually open the app to
wider installation, especially when they are told "well, all foreigners
are forced to use Uber", so perhaps some Brazilian friends could contact
the app vendor and point this out so they relax the restriction.

Cheers,
Andrew.

On Mon, 2019-07-08 at 11:21 +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 08:55:13AM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 07, 2019 at 11:22:57PM +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> > > JFTR:
> > > Given that 99 is not available outside Brasil (can't be seen or installed
> > > in the play store), there is not _that_ much use talking about it vs uber.
> >
> > Instead of sending your money to the US (with uber) I think it's much
> > more sensible to use local Brasilian services likes 99.
> >
> > Indeed not much to talk about.
>
> I'm just saying that you can't do that, because you can't get the
> app, apart from (on Android) fiddling with play store country setting
> and making sure you don't reach limits for allowed country changes.
>
> The provider decided to DRM the app to Brazil, the entire website
> (have not seen the app obviously) is only available in Portuguese;
> so I'm just mentioning this so people don't get their hopes up.

Dublin, Ireland                                     +353 (87) 372 7098

 You're not my type.  For that matter, you're not even my species!!!