Re: DebConf19: winter clothing campaign

Brazil is a country that extends from above the equator to "fairly far south".  It also has a range of conditions from sea level to high plateaus and mountains (where the air is drier and cooler).  There has been snow in some of those mountains.

I remember visiting Rio de Janeiro one time, and while I was perfectly happy in T-shirt and shorts, my friends (all native to Rio) had on knit caps, down vests and long pants (and were  shivering).

Bring what you think might be sensible.  I am sure it will be welcomed.

maddog

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019, 12:12 Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana <paulo@phls.com.br> wrote:
Hi Rena,

On 01/07/2019 12:39, rena hendrickson wrote:

> Just looked up your winter temperatures. You don't appear to get cold
> enough for a foot and a half of snow or for the wind chill to bring the
> temperature below - 3°F.  My winter clothes are for those types of
> conditions.

I can't say for homeless people this kind of clothes is too much or not.
Maybe for people living on the streets, 10°C is already too cold.
My impression is any kind of clothes is better than no clothes.

Best regards,

--
Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)
Curitiba - Brasil

Organizador da DebConf19 - Conferência Mundial de Desenvolvedores(as) do
Projeto Debian
Curitiba - 21 a 28 de julho de 2019
http://debconf19.debconf.org