Re: Tips/warnings/suggestion for newcomers at DebConf19

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 09:34:20AM -0300, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>We probably will have a lot of newcomers at DebConf 19, specially
>brazilians.
>
>We need help from you, experienced attendee: what kind of
>tips/warnings/suggestion you can give for newcomers about DebConf? How
>newcomers can enjoy DebConf? How they can make this DebConf a great
>opportunity to join the community and help Debian?

I've seen some awesome suggestions from other folks here - yay! And
especially thanks to Judit and Jonathan for lots of ideas. :-)

Other stuff I'd add:

1. Debian is a big family, scattered all over the world. DebConf is
   our big yearly gathering. It's a great place to listen to others
   and learn more about Debian, and also to share your ideas and make
   friends!

2. Meet new people, and find out what they're interested in and why
   they're doing stuff in Debian. There are many many stories, and
   people will want to hear yours too. :-)

3. Don't worry about feeling like an outsider or a newbie. Everybody
   started somewhere. Debian people are amongst the friendliest and
   most accommodating people around, so don't be scared to join in.

"You can't barbecue lettuce!" -- Ellie Crane