Re: Tips/warnings/suggestion for newcomers at DebConf19

    gregor> On Thu, 30 May 2019 09:34:20 -0300, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana wrote:
    >> We need help from you, experienced attendee: what kind of
    >> tips/warnings/suggestion you can give for newcomers about
    >> DebConf? How newcomers can enjoy DebConf? How they can make this
    >> DebConf a great opportunity to join the community and help
    >> Debian?

Speaking entirely as an individual.

Conferences have a lot of talks and sessions.  I have found though that
the networking and connections and personal interactions at conferences
are far more valuable in the long term than the sessions.

I find that going to a few of the sessions sparks ideas, but that it's
way to easy to get overwhelmed by the sessions and not get a chance to
actually act on those ideas.

Typically at a conference like this I only make it to one or two actual
scheduled sessions a day.  I spend the rest of the time brainstorming,
talking about sessions, hacking, connecting with people, and processing
what I've learned.

This year I suspect I'll end up at more sessions, but that happens.

--Sam