Re: Bus Sao Paulo <-> Curitiba

Hello, I am a resident of Curitiba, I know this route a lot São paulo / Curitiba, come on:
The companies with the best cost / benefit and comfort are "Catarinense" and "Cometa" , the trip does not cost more than R$100, all buses have air conditioning, armchair semi-bed, water and 220V / usb outlets. You must buy the ticket online, through the company's own website, there are websites that play the role of an agency and facilitate the purchase, such as "CLICKBUS" , but this will lead to higher costs due to convenience fees, ie, prefer the site of own company.
Book 10 hours for the trip. The BR116 highway is quite winding and accidents involving heavy trucks are not uncommon, which may delay your journey. Incidentally, at the time of purchase, check in which bus station your bus will leave, "Barra funda", "Tietê" or "Guarulhos" , they are very far from each other, probably the bus will leave Tietê, which is about 40 minutes from Guarulhos airport.
The luggage in the road transport is placed in the compartment under the bus, should be careful only on arrival, many drivers throw all the luggage on the floor of the bus station when they arrive, especially in Sao Paulo you must be careful and be one of the first to descend to ensure the safety of your luggage, other than that, is quiet.
Brazil has modernized the fleet of travel buses in recent years, all have air suspension and are comfortable enough to sleep even on "executive" buses, if you prefer a bed in the bus, you can buy a "leito" ticket, but they are exponentially more expensive and are not worth so much.
To better visualize the cities and the mountains, always prefer the right side seats, "the bathroom side", if you can check if the line has a double decker bus, choose the top (executive) floor in the first row, in that configuration is perfect for enjoying the trip.
The bus station in Curitiba is about 1km from utfpr, a place that will be held at debconf.
That's all, folks,
Hope this helps,
Any questions please contact us.
Rogerio Bayer.

Ps: Sorry for failing in English, maybe I used some translator.