Re: Security/crime in Curitiba/Brazil

In times long ago various cultures would "lock" their homes made of paper or homes made of animal hides by simply closing the entrances.

Likewise in various cultures the door was left unlocked, the remote cabin well provisioned with wood and food because the random traveler might be stuck in a snowstorm and need shelter.  It was expected that after the storm passed the traveler would replace at least the used wood for the next traveler.

In many nomadic cultures the traveler is always welcome to the home with shelter and food.

You can not protect with technology.  Locks only keep honest people honest.  The only way you can truly protect is with morality, and that can only be taught by other moral people.

md

On Wed, May 8, 2019, 12:43 Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 05:00:17PM -0300, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana wrote:
> When I go to events here in Brazil, and I want leave my laptop alone on
> the table, I alwayes use a locker like this:
> https://images-submarino.b2w.io/produtos/01/00/sku/26620/4/26620409_1GG.jpg

this very much reminds me of
https://boingboing.net/2005/05/18/howto-open-laptop-lo.html :)

> Its not the "most safer locker on the world", but its better than nothing.

true that.

--
tschau,
        Holger