Re: Security/crime in Curitiba/Brazil

Hi,

It will be very rare/difficult for you to do anything if you are
walking during the day or as a group.

In Brazil, most capitals or cities that present a level of risk, are
always related to lack of lighting (nocturnal accidents on deserted
streets) or to space fights/places that frequent (gangs, points of
sale and drug use) .

I quickly looked at 2 reports on Violence in my Country; I can tell
you that Curitiba does not appear among the most dangerous cities; And
from the capitals (27) it occupies position 17 of the 2016 ranking.

But it is no alarming fact, the experience I have to travel outside
Brazil is that in Brazil, as in other developing countries, it is good
to walk with the bag closed, not to leave things on the floor or on
the table.

Reports in pt_BR:

https://www.mapadaviolencia.org.br/
http://www.ipea.gov.br/portal/index.php?option=com_content&id=33410&Itemid=432