Re: The tone of discussion on this list

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 08:57:27PM +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> Hi Steve,

> > But as a fellow Debian Developer, I must object to the implication that
> > this particular statement is antisemitic.  It is not antisemitic to
> > object to the policies of the Israeli government.  It is not antisemitic
> > to characterize the actions of the Israeli government as "murder", any
> > more than it is to do so in regards to the actions of my own government.

> > This is a problematic topic all around; please do not make it more
> > problematic with unsubstantiated accusations of racism.

> I did not wanted to say its antisemetic, I wanted to say that we don't
> want to see either antisemetic _or_ antiisrelism.  In my experience most
> discussions starting with antiisrealiasm will end with being antisemetic.

> Sorry for not being clear.  I just wanted to draw a line for that
> discussion that we shouldn't cross.

Thank you for the clarification.  I suspected this was your intention, but
as it was open to interpretation, and because it IS a common pattern
(outside of Debian) to accuse all critics of the Israeli government of
antisemitism, I thought it was important to have this clear for the entire
list.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/