Re: Questions after talks at DebConf (idea)

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018, Josh Triplett wrote:
> A good moderator can help address that (you can get halfway there by
> just reminding people "ask questions, don't make statements or comments;
> make sure your question benefits the whole room".

That is a very strange point! I am more than grateful for comments that
are NOT questions, pointing me to different work, previous work, other
approaches, failures.

What is the point of restricting one to questions? I mean, yes, one can
rephrase everything as a question:
	"What is your work's relation to XXXX?"
but that's not the point.

Why only questions are considered good and comments/remarks not is
something that escapes my understanding - and experience - completely.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer