Re: Questions after talks at DebConf (idea)

[Dropping myself from CC]

Hi Steve,

> I can only assume PyCascades is a very different kind of conference.

In what way? I doubt too much actually. Not that it really matters
here but in my experience Python conferences, especially Django ones,
have actually quite a similar style to DebConfs and invariably tend to
be on the "progressive" side of the bell curve.

> I *really* don't like this - for me, the main point of a DebConf talk
> is to promote interaction.

I can understand and relate to this. Hm, you didn't address the
optionality component I vaguely mooted to the end of my original mail;
I would be curious to learn your opinion if, say, Q&A was optional,
and/or perhaps an option only available for first-time speakers.

Best wishes,

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb