Re: Questions after talks at DebConf (idea)

On Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 11:11:39AM +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I noticed yesterday [0] that the PyCascades conference [1] explicitly
>does not permit any questions and answers after a presentation.

Ewww...

I *really* don't like this - for me, the main point of a DebConf talk
is to promote interaction. It's a way to present what you've done or
are doing, and then immediately get involvement from the audience
(both local and virtual). That might be to clarify something you've
just said, or to talk about working together, or similar.

I can only assume PyCascades is a very different kind of conference.

Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?