Re: Accomodation in Hsinchu downtown or near site?

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 12:32:30AM +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On 2018-06-19 09:05, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> > is there any advice for people who are considering taking accomodation
> > downtown? In particular,
> > - can you recommend any booking sites for Taiwan? Rakuten used to be
> >   quite good for several Asian countries, but these days they only seem
> >   to cover Japan.
> > - what are the options for public transport between downtown and the
> >   campus?
>
> Same questions from me. Also: Is it possible to ride the bicycle
> between downtown and campus, like in Montreál?
>
> Alternatively, a private accomodation near the Campus would be
> fine. Is there something cheaper than Landis Inn? Does anybody
> know, whether the Chief Hotel is OK? (Apart from their McDonalds
> breakfast? I prefer having breakfast with my fellow Debianites
> anyway.)

we have settled for the Forte Hotel Hsinchu. Central location downtown,
close to the railway station, and on the bus line recommended on the
wiki for transport to the conference site. Booked via Hotels.com. Expect
around 60 euros per night if you book without breakfast.

-Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Institut de Recherche en Informatique Fondamentale