Re: [Debconf-discuss] US laptop ban and DebConf

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 10:53:43PM +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> Call me naive, but I was hoping that somebody would have answers and
> would also raise questions.

> For instance, one point being, what if the airlines enters US
> airspace, doesn't land in US but goes through there to Canada.
> Wouldn't those airlines be also affected by this ban ?

Do you know of a flight on one of the affected airlines which specifically
does this?

Your best and most up-to-date information is going to come from your
airline.

I had started to write an analysis, reverse-engineering the DHS's threat
model based on the parameters of the ban; but the truth is that this doesn't
matter.  Even if that analysis was spot on, the threat model could change
between now and DebConf, and the parameters of the ban with it.