Re: [Debconf-discuss] US laptop ban and DebConf

On 22/03/17 16:20, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 06:36:12AM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
>> Hi Steve
>
>> On 21/03/2017 20:02, Steve Langasek wrote:
>>> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 09:29:17AM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>> There has been no indication that this is in any way driven by the Trump
>>> administration.
>
>> http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/21/news/airline-electronics-ban-explainer/index.html?sr=fbCNN032117airline-electronics-ban-explainer0529PMStoryLink&linkId=35698638
>
>> "The Trump administration has ordered nine airlines to stop passengers
>> from bringing most types of electronic devices"
>
>> You call that fake news then? :)
>
> I call referring to this as "the Trump Administration" instead of as "the
> Department of Homeland Security" or "the US government", without specific
> evidence that this was a decision made by political appointees of Donald
> Trump, misleading.

Agreed - blaming Trump or blaming all Americans for the undignified,
humiliating and invasive security theater at today's airports would be
about as accurate as blaming all Muslims for terrorism or calling all
Mexicans murderers and rapists.

Regards,

Daniel