Re: [Debconf-discuss] US laptop ban and DebConf

On 21/03/17 16:12, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> Dear all,
> How are we to know if we are affected by the ban or not ? Most
> airlines, at least the low-cost ones I know don't have an e-mail id or
> even if they have, they don't reply. I have experienced it . I have
> tried the live chat option at some of the sites too and at times have
> found that what they say and what the airlines policy are different.
> Domestically, this has happened with me twice or thrice.

Latest update: don't take flights connecting through the UK either.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/21/uk-set-to-ban-laptops-on-flights-from-middle-east-countries

Notice they didn't include the UAE airports in their ban, presumably
because many British people transit through Dubai and Abu Dhabi when
going to SE Asia or Australia.