Re: [Debconf-discuss] US laptop ban and DebConf

Daniel Pocock dijo [Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 09:29:17AM +0100]:
> Looking at the laptop ban[1], it appears to target airlines rather than
> individuals and it could impact people going to DebConf this year.
> (...)

FWIW, coming from Mexico, I decided to buy a >US$700 ticket instead of
a ~US$500 one, even having a valid US visa, to avoid the hassle of
going through migrations in the USA. I will be asking for Bursaries'
support, and I believe this is not an unreasonable decision from my
side.

I am sure I will not be the only one avoiding the USA — It was
arbitrary enough so far, but now, planning on a trip that touches that
country has just unforseeable consequences, at least for every
non-US-citizen (and even for some citizens as well).